Nov 19, 2014

My First Angel Occurrence

Feeling so distraught over not being there when mom died, I believe she was reaching out to me to let me know she had not been alone.

Mom and I had been so close for so many years that we knew when the other was upset or out of sorts just by being in the same room together.  We had such a strong bond, that if anyone was able to reach out to another from the afterlife, I believe she could to me.  I'm convinced that is what happened.

Because of my mindset when this occurred, even with my sometimes overactive imagination, there is no way I could have conjured up the vision I'm about to describe...

As I lay in bed,sleep not possible--just 24 hours after mom had passed on--I closed my eyes. Just on the verge of eyes wide shut, I began to see a picture like it was being projected onto my eyelids.  At first, I wasn't sure what I was seeing or why. Then, as the postage-stamp-sized picture came into focus, I fought to make it stay so I could make out the details.  The specifics were fuzzy and dark, but I was definitely standing in mom's living room in front of her recliner and window looking toward her dressing chair where I had found her that fateful Sunday morning.  I suddenly became aware that I was not the only one in the room in my vision.  Several winged figures were also present--gathered around and facing the chair where mom sat, as if they were patiently waiting.

At this point, I became more than a little startled and opened my eyes, not actually believing what I was seeing.  Wanting to see more, however, I soon closed my eyes again and got to that point between eyes closed tight and just on the verge of them opening to see if the picture reappeared beneath my lids.

As the image came into view once again, I now realized there was a smaller winged figure sitting in the middle of the floor between mom and I; he was facing mom, as well, with his legs folded underneath and vee'd out next to him.  Realizing that what I was seeing were angels in the room with mom and I, I felt sure the younger angel was her older brother who had died as an infant, and the others were my grandma and grandpa, my great aunt Marie, and mom's grandparents.
Digital Artistry by Deb Rohne.  Copyright 2014.  All Rights Reserved.

I let my eyes come open again as I tried to process what I was seeing and let it sink in, but quickly closed them to see if the image remained.

What happened in the next image frightened me as mom's body appeared to rise up out of the chair and take the form of a black cloud.  I opened my eyes again out of fear, but let them close once more to focus on the next event.
Digital Artistry by Deb Rohne.  Copyright 2014.  All Rights Reserved.

The angels in the room began gathering around the black cloud producing a white robe with wings that they wrapped around the figure.  It was at that very moment when mom received her angel body and wings that I knew she hadn't been alone, and I had been given a most amazing gift of being allowed to see what had occurred.
Digital Artistry by Deb Rohne.  Copyright 2014.  All Rights Reserved.

The images I have included herein to illustrate what I saw, are from a picture I took in mom's living room showing my viewpoint and then digitally enhancing various clip art photos in an attempt to preserve, as close as I can, what I saw--as I want be able to remember it and share it with as many people as possible.

Incidentally, the cross directly above mom's head is inscribed with the word "BELIEVE" and the other wall had a picture of my grandparents from their 50th wedding anniversary.  Of all the places in mom's house where she could have taken her last breath, I believe this was no accident given that on All Saints Day, the saints came to whisk her away to a pain-free existence where she no longer had to be short of breath, or deal with anxiety, or carry around the extra weight that was causing her such joint aches and swelling that it kept her from just about all activity except sitting.

If this vision alone was all that happened to me in that first week after mom passed away, it would definitely be enough for me to believe in an afterlife, if I hadn't already.  But being the good and faithful servant that mom was in her earthly existence, she got to "play" a bit and show me several more miracles before ascending to heaven to stroll walker-free on the streets made of gold...

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you that you saw this. I have experienced several out of the ordinary events over my lifetime and it's always spine-tingling and just... amazing (such a poor word for it).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right about the word "amazing"...it just doesn't do justice to this kind of an experience.

    ReplyDelete