Nov 26, 2015

30 Days of Thankfulness - Day 26: Charity

Opportunities for giving are all around us. Giving and charity are not just limited to financial gifts. Our time and talents can be gifted as well.

A local service my mom benefited from was the Meals-on-Wheels program through our senior community center. Not only does this non-profit organization need financial support, but it also functions virtually solely on its volunteers.

My daughter and I are quite frequently called upon to take a route to deliver meals for the week, and whenever our schedule allows, we say, "YES!"

I know how much the hot, nutritious meals meant to Mom, so it does my heart good to help with this service. I am very thankful so many communities provide for those that can't get out to get a meal or prepare food on their own.

On this day of Thanksgiving, may we all be thankful for charity whether giving or receiving.


Photo by Deb Rohne. Copyright 2015. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment