Nov 9, 2015

30 Days of Thankfulness - Day 9: Blog/Website

There are more blogs and websites in the great milky way of cyber space then there are people in the world I would guess. I don't have a factual number or proof of that statement, but given that I, myself have eight blogs alone that I've created over the last seven years, this would make my hypothesis quite correct.

On day 9 of this 30 days of thankfulness challenge, I declare my gratitude for blogger being a free service on the Internet for my creative outlet. Someday I hope to have a blog that is helpful or so delightfully entertaining that it would be Goggled daily and read by the masses, but for now I am content with the self-serving purpose it provides for me to have an online journal I can access whenever the mood strikes. 

I do enjoy reading various blogs written by others, but sometimes that gets overwhelming. Like visiting the Smithsonian, I could spend months and even years reading, and still not devour mentally what everyone else is blogging about.

Admittedly, I selfishly enjoy re-reading my own blog posts because they are my oldest and dearest friends. They know me, and I know them. I get their humor and usually remember how they will end--like watching a favorite movie for the 100th time--it is comforting.

Blogging is better than hand-writing in a journal and sometimes even better than talking out loud because I can pause for just the right word or consult an online thesaurus when just the right word doesn't come to mind. I can backspace and choose my phrasing more carefully instead of getting tongue-tied or worse yet, saying something I shouldn't and regretting it forever. Blog posts can sit in draft mode and marinate where I can re-visit them and revise whole paragraphs before publishing. All these qualities appeal to the low self-confidence in me that screams to leave my mouth shut in social situations where I may come off sounding less intelligent than I have been told I am.

For my future reference, here are a list of all my blogs:

Life's Too Short to Fold Underwear

Casual Day Designs

Photo by Deb Rohne. Copyright 2015. All rights reserved.


Bedtime for Mary Children's Book

2013 Summer Vacation

2010 Trip to O'Fallon, MO

2009 Vacations

2008 Recap

I am thankful for each and every one and the therapeutic outlet they provide.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes I get lost in my old blog posts too... you're right, they're like old friends! I am sad to read that you feel you have low confidence. That is definitely a challenge to overcome, but I think you can. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dakota...I'm working on it. I was so moved by your "Roar from the Darkness" essay! Your writing evokes so much emotion...you truly have a wonderful artistic gifts! :)

      Delete
    2. Deb - thank you so much. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the support. <3

      Delete