Jun 27, 2014

30 Day Photo Challenge - Day 5:YOUR WAY TO WORK

I'm still searching for the perfect job/career/money making venture, but on my way to [finding] work, I have experimented with a variety of cameras.  I could probably say that I have owned just as many cameras as I have coffeemakers! HA!

Many of my cameras I actually still have in my possession as you can see in the picture...including my very first camera which was a box camera that doesn't even have any significant markings except for a "MADE IN U.S.A." label.  I think on some level, I don't have the heart to part with an inanimate object that has captured so many significant moments in my life...they know way too much!

I went through a couple different KODAK Pocket Instamatic's (remember the cube flash bulb and extender feature?), but somehow didn't end up saving either of those.  My PENTAX ME Super 35mm suited me quite well during my high school yearbook and college newspaper days--I even had a sweet telephoto lens for awhile, but must have sold it.


At some point, after my kids came along, I didn't have the time or patience to mess with all the features and focusing required of the PENTAX and acquired the MINOLTA Freedom Dual 60.

"Remember when you could only take 24 pictures, not preview them, then had to wait a week and pay to have them processed?  Me neither."

I devoted part of a blog post about the transition from film pictures to digital images on my Life's to Short to Fold Underwear Blog...click here to read it.  My first digital camera was the SONY Mavica with the floppy discs--I ended up with SEVERAL boxes of floppy discs.  Regretfully, I no longer have that camera.  I graduated to the Nikon Coolpix 5700 after that which I do still have and use from time to time.  When I wanted something more compact to take on vacations, I invested in the Canon PowerShot A510, followed by the Canon PowerShot A580, and finally purchased a SONY Cyber-shot...you know it's all about who has the most Mega Pixels, right?  The A510 is out of commission ever since it got dropped on cement while the lens was out.  But I still like the A580 when photographing my jewelry creations...and the SONY Cyber-shot still accompanies me on long travels.

When it comes right down to it, though,  I'm sorry to say I use my iPhone camera most of the time to capture the memories on my way from here to there, because I always have it with me...(it IS what I used to take the above picture of my camera collection). 

No comments:

Post a Comment