Jun 29, 2014

30 Day Photo Challenge - Day 6:FAVORITE COLOR

Any shade of purple, lavender, or violet I would say is my favorite color, and has been for a long time.

I think a person's favorite color can change over time; however, purple has been my answer to, "What's your favorite color?" for many years.

Thinking back to when I was younger, I believe I may have said my favorite color was red which is interesting since red is one of the two primary colors that make purple.

The hubby and I had a rare opportunity to have an overnight getaway at a Bed and Breakfast last night, and I spied several photo ops with purple hues for Day 6 of the 30 Day Photo Challenge...

Photo by Deb Rohne
All the rooms in the B&B were named after flowers.  We actually stayed in the Magnolia Room, but this picture was taken in the Iris Room which was decorated in rich purple tones and was unoccupied so we were able to sneak a peek.

Photo by Deb Rohne
Four glass shelves in our room held a collection of china tea cups.  This one with the hand-painted iris and gold trim reminded me of the irises that would bloom next to my grandma and grandpa's house every spring.

One of the spa aroma packets was, of course, lavender...and smelled luxurious in the Jacuzzi tub water.
Photo by Deb Rohne
In the bar area of the B&B, a collection of wine goblets were perched on a glass shelf illuminated by a string of purple lights giving a warm glow to the room.

Photo by Deb Rohne
This morning on our way back home, the storm clouds bruised the sky with an ominous bluish purple threatening rain and possible severe weather.

I am so grateful that my favorite color appears in so many shapes and sizes in the world around me for my viewing and photographing pleasure.


No comments:

Post a Comment