Dec 1, 2014

Countdown to Christmas - Photo Challenge - Day 1:WREATH

Photo by Deb Rohne.  Copyright 2014.  All Rights Reserved.
River Hills Mall, Mankato, MN
Photo by Deb Rohne.  Copyright 2014.  All Rights Reserved.
Mesh Christmas Wreath
One of the stores in the mall had an inflatable wreath.  I didn't get a picture, but the thought crossed my mind that if ALL Christmas decorations were inflatable, they would need a lot less storage space.


Photo by Deb Rohne.  Copyright 2014.  All Rights Reserved.
Burlap Wreath
Photo by Deb Rohne.  Copyright 2014.  All Rights Reserved.
Wreath on our House
 Last year, my daughter and I learned the art of making mesh wreaths.  She made the one with the red cardinal, and I made the one out of burlap.  I was really quite pleased with the way it turned out, and would like to try another one using a different color of burlap.

The hubby and I played the Dirty Santa game at a pub party last year where I ended up with the pretty poinsettia wreath that is now hanging on the outside of my house.

In years past, our annual trip to a Christmas Tree farm would be a multi-family event during Thanksgiving weekend.  Not only would we come home with a real tree, but we usually purchased a wreath, swag, or candy cane shaped hanging made of live greenery as well. The fragrant decoration is a great start to the season.


Photo by Deb Rohne.  Copyright 2014.  All Rights Reserved.
Downtown Lamppost Decorations

An annual, thankless job by the city crews is the decorating of the downtown street lights. So often, we take for granted that the festive greenery just magically appears this time of year to get us in the Christmas spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment