Dec 2, 2014

Countdown to Christmas - Photo Challenge - Day 2:LIGHTS

Driving around and looking at Christmas light displays has always been a favorite pastime of mine.  Usually I don't have to drive very far to see some very pretty sights.  My hubby even strings a few lights up across the fascia of our house.

This year, however, we did make a special trip to see a special display.  The colors and magnitude of this display outdoes any other display I've seen.  The Kiwanis Holiday Lights at Sibley Park in Mankato, Minnesota is in its third year and simply spectacular.  There is a lighted driving tunnel, a lighted walking tunnel, choreographed lights, a skating rink, warming house, and Santa's house and reindeer.  I heard about it last year, but every time we had an opportunity to go, the weather didn't cooperate.  This year I wanted to make sure we got to go.

Since the temperature was only in the teens, we only did the driving tour, but I hope to make the trip back again yet this year when it's a little nicer to enjoy the display on foot as well.

Photo by Deb Rohne.  Copyright 2014.  All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment