Dec 12, 2014

Countdown to Christmas - Photo Challenge - Day 12:SCARF


Photo by Deb Rohne.  Copyright 2014.  All Rights Reserved.
I am so fortunate to have both a sister and a sister-in-law who knits!  I have been gifted with some very colorful, one-of-a-kind scarves to keep my neck from freezing in the winter months.

When I was school age, I remember trying to learn crocheting and knitting at different times.  I never quite got the hang of either one.  Somehow I would always end up losing a row of the chain or not casting correctly.  The only article of clothing I ever finished was a scarf for my Barbie doll, and she wouldn't even wear it!

Scarves are so trendy now--even crafted from t-shirts with fringe.  The infinity scarf is stylish, and the tutorials on how to tie/wear a scarf are infinite!

Unfortunately, I spend so much time in front of the mirror trying to make the scarf look just right with whatever I'm wearing, that I end up leaving it at home and opting instead to accessorize with a necklace.  Invariably, I will be out somewhere and see someone wearing a scarf fashioned exactly the way I had fixed mine, but it looks so much better on the other person.

No comments:

Post a Comment