Dec 28, 2014

Another Christmas Put to Bed

I met my husband and his family just over 21 years ago.  They welcomed me and my son with open arms, and we were allowed inside their circle to celebrate Christmas.

That first Christmas we spent together, we numbered eight--including hubby's siblings and parents.

Yesterday, a total of 20 of us gathered to partake in the traditional meal of chili and oyster stew and open presents.  In the last 21 years, the siblings have married and multiplied which makes getting us all together and sitting down at one time to open presents nothing short of a miracle.
Photo by Deb Rohne.  Copyright 2014.  All Rights Reserved.

Yesterday's gathering concluded the four planned holiday get-togethers for me for this year.  Now there are no more presents left under our tree, and we have to start thinking about the New Year's Eve plans and my birthday which are both just over a week away.

This time of year goes so fast, and then it practically comes to a halt waiting for the long, bleak winter to subside.
Photo by Deb Rohne.  Copyright 2014.  All Rights Reserved.

So as the sun sets on another Christmas season, I look around me thankful for the many blessings in my life and strive to hold onto this feeling through the cold months ahead.
Photo by Deb Rohne.  Copyright 2014.  All Rights Reserved.

2 comments: