Jul 17, 2014

30 Day Photo Challenge - Day 24:BOKEH

As someone who prides herself on loving the art of photography, I am embarrassed to admit that I had to look up the term for today's photo challenge.

In my quest for knowledge, I learned that an example of an image showing Bokeh photography would include a subject that is in focus against a blurry background where there is a very shallow depth of field.  The quality of the blurred background is the bokeh effect.  If one can manipulate a larger aperture setting on their camera and have a distant light source in the background, that would produce the ideal result.  A simpler definition is the way the camera lens makes out-of-focus points of light appear.

Photo by Deb Rohne.  Copyright 2014.  All Rights Reserved.
Flowers at Sunset in Des Moines, IA - July2006

I am including one example from my archives above.  I also utilized the Picfx app on my iPhone...specifically the "Bokeh 1" layer in the "Light -set-" for the solar sun light, and the "Bokeh 5" layering element for the wine glasses.

Photo by Deb Rohne.  Copyright 2014.  All Rights Reserved.
Before Bokeh Effect
Photo by Deb Rohne.  Copyright 2014.  All Rights Reserved.
After Bokeh Effect


Photo by Deb Rohne.  Copyright 2014.  All Rights Reserved.
Before Bokeh Effect
Photo by Deb Rohne.  Copyright 2014.  All Rights Reserved.
After Bokeh Effect
 At least I'm fulfilling one of the goals of creating this blog, and that is I learned something new!