Jul 7, 2014

30 Day Photo Challenge - Day 15:WHAT I ATE

"Follow your passion.  It will lead you to your purpose." ~ Oprah Winfrey
   [quote on my Starbucks cup this morning]

Not that I don't consume interesting food while at home, but this was a fun photo challenge to execute on the road!

Starbucks in Owatonna was our first stop...a petite vanilla scone and grande caramel macchiato broke my fast as we kept rolling down the interstate.


Photo by Deb Rohne.  Copyright 2014.  All rights reserved.
(image created using Picfx and Pic Stitch iPhone apps)

We picked up a hitchhiker (and by hitchhiker, I mean my brother-in-law--BIL), and made our way to Prior Lake where we added two more to our traveling party.

Next stop...Lindstrom to look at some lake side property.  I've always wanted to reside on the shores of a lake, and figure it's time to start searching now to find the best spot to stake my claim and permanently erect my camera's tripod for my retirement years!

After checking out a couple different homes, we discussed the prospects and whether or not to make any offers over lunch in Forest Lake at Norman Quack's.  Who wouldn't want to eat at a place with a name like that?!  The decor included waders, a fishing pole collection suspended from the ceiling, stacks and stacks of books, metal die-cut fish, and a hand-printed quote from Abraham Lincoln taped to the mirrored wall.

Starting with fresh bread and a "Quackitizer" of Giant Pontoon Skins, we then moved on to the next course of homemade walleye chowder.  The hubby and I split the special which was a trio of walleye, swordfish, and tuna with a side of garlic smashed potatoes.  My BIL offered me one of his onion rings, which of course I couldn't resist...it was quite tasty!
Photo by Deb Rohne.  Copyright 2014.  All rights reserved.
(collage designed and edited in Pic Stitch iPhone app)

On our way back to Prior Lake, we stopped at the DQ for dessert.  I had my favorite BLIZZARD...a Mini Midnight Truffle...and after we dropped off the BIL at his car, I was feeling a might peckish again and grabbed my favorite double J sandwich--the #6 (vegetarian).  I ate it so freaky fast that I forgot to take a picture, so I snapped a shot of the empty crumpled up wrapper :)

Photo by Deb Rohne.  Copyright 2014.  All rights reserved.

Photo by Deb Rohne.  Copyright 2014.  All rights reserved.


Traveling and looking at lake properties clearly made me more hungry than usual.  I finished off the night with a cup of decaf coffee and a scotcheroo...okay, a scotcheroo and a half.

Photo by Deb Rohne.  Copyright 2014.  All rights reserved.


Good thing I was only documenting what I ate in pictures and not keeping track of points today!!


"All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother." ~ Abraham Lincoln
   [quote on the wall at Norman Quack's]