Oct 22, 2014

October 2014 - 30 Day Photo Challenge - DAY 22:UPSIDE DOWN

This may not look like any spectacular photographic challenge, but the physical aspect was definitely a test of my yoga training.  Let me just say that there was no editing of this image aside from rotating it.  The glass of ice water was not photo-shopped in--it was firmly on the floor as I tipped myself upside down from the sofa cushions and snapped the picture with my iPhone's self-timer.  The red backdrop was a blanket I placed on the couch and floor so as not to detract from the subject of myself and the glass.  Let me also just say that the blood rushes to your head at an incredibly rapid pace in this position.
Photo by Deb Rohne.  Copyright 2014.  All Rights Reserved.Photo by Deb Rohne.  Copyright 2014.  All Rights Reserved.



The other idea I had for the upside down challenge today had to do with reflective properties.  Taking the photo of the quarry from the Day 16 photo challenge, I cropped it and turned it upside down so the reflection of the trees in the water is now right-side up.
Photo by Deb Rohne.  Copyright 2014.  All Rights Reserved.
cropped and flipped
Photo by Deb Rohne.  Copyright 2014.  All Rights Reserved.
original
The thought crossed my mind to just take any image from my stock of photos and flip it upside down, but I didn't see much of a challenge in that.

2 comments:

  1. Your upside down photo is great! I love your expression, you look so happy and mischievous. :) Also, the second one... wow, if you hadn't said what you did, I wouldn't have known. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure the look on my face was as mischievous as it was fear of sliding off the couch onto my head HA ;)

    ReplyDelete