Oct 18, 2014

October 2014 - 30 Day Photo Challenge - DAY 16:REFLECTIONS

Photo by Deb Rohne.  Copyright 2014.  All Rights Reserved.
Epcot in Disney World at Orlando, FL
Reflecting on our vacation last year, I remembered an image I snapped with my iPhone of the monorail track and the Epcot icon mirrored in the water.  So many great photo ops in the happiest place on earth.
Photo by Deb Rohne.  Copyright 2014.  All Rights Reserved.
This is one of my favorite milestone shots of my daughter.  I took a special picture to commemorate each month of her first year of life.  Being a stay-at-home mom and getting to know all the fun nuances of Photoshop, I enjoyed doing something fun and creative for each picture.  For this seven-month-old photo in 2000, I took a mirror and put it on the floor, and then laid my girl on the mirror...her cute facial expressions did the rest.  Doctoring up the background a bit and adding the text, I had created basically what I was hoping to achieve.
Photo by Deb Rohne.  Copyright 2014.  All Rights Reserved.

This early morning shot of the sky reflecting off the glass-smooth water of Big Round Lake in Hayward, Wisconsin is one of my favorites.  The sunsets are spectacular in this area, but after capturing this shot, it's a toss up as to which time of day is more breathtaking.








Photo by Deb Rohne.  Copyright 2014.  All Rights Reserved.
Kuennen's Quarry is located in Worth County Iowa.  Now a beautiful picnic spot, this former limestone quarry was the resource site for rock that was used to construct Interstate 90.  I am really liking the contrast between the blue sky reflection of this image and the grayish sky reflection of the image above from Hayward.

No comments:

Post a Comment