Oct 23, 2014

October 2014 - 30 Day Photo Challenge - DAY 23:SWEET

Photo by Deb Rohne.  Copyright 2014.  All Rights Reserved.
I am back to my favorite basic food group--DESSERTS! With a theme like "sweet," I could not resist.

The time of year is fast approaching when Starbucks serves their delicious beverages in the red seasonal cups and the Cranberry Bliss Bars are a limited-time delicacy.  I could definitely eat at least four of their-size servings in one sitting.

I even tried a recipe at home for the blissful treats so I could eat the whole pan.  I have to say it was very close to the real thing--and yes, I devoured more than I should have and ended up with a bit of a tummy ache.

While I now know I can make the bars myself, there is definitely something to be said for enjoying the fruits of someone else's labor while sipping a Caramel Macchiato in the coffee house setting.
Photo by Deb Rohne.  Copyright 2014.  All Rights Reserved.

Another favorite setting of mine is The Blue Belle Inn Bed and Breakfast and Tea Room in St. Ansgar, Iowa.  The sweet dessert creations Sherrie has on the menu are all rich, gourmet, mouthwatering works of art.  My daughter and I usually split a dessert after lunch, and then I have to get another dessert so I have something to eat ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment