Oct 5, 2014

October 2014 - 30 Day Photo Challenge - DAY 5:MORNING LIGHT

Every day we spent in Estes Park last month, I set my alarm so I could get up and watch the sun rise over the mountains.  I knew it would be spectacular, but I had no idea how different each day would be.  Each day's morning light brought greater appreciation for God's handiwork and the promise of a chance to start fresh.  The way the sun colored the clouds and cast shadows over the mountains was breathtaking and awe-inspiring.  With each minute that ticked by, the scene would continue to change as the sun rose higher until the light was blinding.

As I faced the east each morning standing on the deck of our vacation cabin, I attempted to take in all the sensations.  Breathing in the crisp mountain air and watching the ever-changing sky, I could not imagine being anywhere else in that moment.  Complete peace and calmness enveloped me.  One morning, a young fawn wandered by our deck.  I stood absolutely still and held my breath so as not to startle him.  He paused briefly in the dew covered grass before moving on his way.

Photo by Deb Rohne.  Copyright 2014.  All Rights Reserved.

Photo by Deb Rohne.  Copyright 2014.  All Rights Reserved.

Photo by Deb Rohne.  Copyright 2014.  All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment