Oct 25, 2014

October 2014 - 30 Day Photo Challenge - DAY 25:EARTHY

Going for a walk on this beautiful fall day, everything around me seemed earthy.  The smell of the wet leaves and decaying foliage after the dense fog and mist this morning provided an especially pungent fragrance.  Stepping off the beaten path, my foot came in contact with squishy, slimy mud giving me that feeling of sliding and sinking into the ground.  My senses were assaulted with earthiness...but to actually capture those sensations in pictures seemed like an impossibility.

At the end of my walk, I opted for the moistened leaves on the ground and sidewalk and a dew-kissed rosebud contrasted by its dying counterpart to showcase earthy...and what is more earthy than an earthworm??

Photo by Deb Rohne.  Copyright 2014.  All Rights Reserved.Photo by Deb Rohne.  Copyright 2014.  All Rights Reserved.

Photo by Deb Rohne.  Copyright 2014.  All Rights Reserved.

Photo by Deb Rohne.  Copyright 2014.  All Rights Reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment