Nov 10, 2015

30 Days of Thankfulness - Day 10: Time of Day

The following lyrics from a 1969 Chicago tune started playing in my head when I read the thankfulness challenge for today:

"As I was walking down the street one day
A man came up to me and asked me what the time was that was
on my watch,
And I said
Does anybody really know what time it is
Does anybody really care
If so I can't imagine why
We've all got time enough to cry..."

So many powerful, profound thoughts in one song.

My favorite times of day are probably sunrise (when I'm awake), sunset, breakfast, lunch, supper, and anytime that there is a latte in my hand. My least favorite times of day are those moments when overwhelming grief and depression set in keeping me from whatever the task at hand needs to be.

Regardless of the time of day and how I am being affected by it, the fact remains that I am breathing and here on this time-necessary planet able to act and react to whatever is happening. I am thankful for every minute, every fractional time of day that God allows me to remain here to enjoy family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment