Nov 23, 2015

30 Days of Thankfulness - Day 23: Feeling

I've got a feeling this blog post could get very emotional...

http://www.eklutheran.ca/index.php?id=37
When I saw this description of the stages of grief, not only did I feel the process seemed accurate, but the visual of dropping down into a deep pit with no steps on the other side to assist in coming back out is spot on! 

I think I first saw this image about six months ago and felt I was in the Depression phase. But there was a side road that is not on this map between Depression Drive and "Re-Entry" Troubles Lane where the trail is not paved and it gets pretty dark. 

My journal entries during this time period have been so full of sadness...that deep sadness that might be described as someone standing on your chest keeping you from fully breathing in and out.

Within the last month, however, I think I have finally turned around and can see the pin-point of light where I took the unmarked detour, but not sure how long it will take me to get back on the main track.

Everyone travels their grief journey differently, and as crazy as it sounds, I am thankful I am feeling deep loss as that just means I also had a feeling of deep love.

No comments:

Post a Comment