Nov 18, 2015

30 Days of Thankfulness - Day 18: Quote

"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end." Ecclesiastes 3:11

My daughter likes to say, "Everything happens for a reason."

When something doesn't go as we planned or there seems to be no explanation, she is right there with those words reminding me that I am not in control...God is.

I have found a quote by renowned poet E. E. Cummings for which I am thankful.

"It takes great courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are." 

That quote is a wonderful reminder that I need to be intentional about discovering my unique life. When those happen-for-a-reason experiences occur, it is God sending me seeds. I just need to be more discerning and pay closer attention to the meaning. My inner self knows best. Inward reflecting is key, and making a conscious attempt everyday to make time for self care and personal needs does take courage. 

Last night, I completed an 8-week Bible study by Geri Scazzero entitled "The Emotionally Healthy Woman: Eight things you have to quit to change your life." An intense journey and an eye-opening look into taking deliberate, courageous steps to self-discovery.

Photo by Deb Rohne. Copyright 2015. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment