Nov 4, 2015

30 Days of Thankfulness - Day 4: Favorite Snack

"Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone?" Matthew 7:9 NIV




God bless M&M's! You know?! They are the perfect snack food for chocolate lovers.

While the Mars Company, I think, may have taken the flavors and types of M&M's a little too far, nothing beats the plain candies! With the seasonal color options that are available, the holiday recipes that include M&M's are so festive.

I admit, however, that I no longer am able to eat a peanut butter M&M. The reason for that is because I overdosed on them one time and ruined any future we might have had together. [On a side note, my husband's favorite flavor of M&M is still not the crispy M&M's.]

The peanut M&M's are okay, and I will eat them if there is no other chocolate in the house, but I prefer the plain. Give me a bowl of popcorn and a bag of plain M&M's and a romantic comedy in my cozy place and I am in favorite snack heaven!

Having a favorite snack is like having a cozy place...it's comforting and familiar; and for those of us who don't like to step out of our comfort zone, it suits us to have both.

This autumnal time is reserved for a special snack. By combining plain M&M's with peanuts and candy corn, you will have the most addictive, sweet and salty snack ever made. I am currently on my fourth batch of this mix for the season!

Being thankful for my favorite snack just reminds me that I am ever so grateful for any and all food I am able to put on my table.

I recently saw a cute DIY gift idea on the Holiday Corner Facebook page. Fill a jar full of the red and green Christmas M&M's and attach the following poem printed out on card stock with a fancy border:

M & M Christmas Poem
As you hold these candies in your hand
and turn them you will see
the "M" becomes a "W", an "E", and then a "3".

E is for the East where the star shone so bright.

M is for the manger where the baby Jesus slept at night.

3 is for the wise men bearing gifts, with which they came.

W is for the worship, Hallelujah! Praise his name!

No comments:

Post a Comment