Nov 3, 2015

30 Days of Thankfulness - Day 3: Cozy Place

For todays thankful prompt I will refer you in part to a post on this blog from June of 2014

My cozy place I am thankful for is also my favorite place to sit and relax in my favorite room of the house...so naturally I have written about it before.

What makes this place I am thankful for a cozy place? It's familiar.

What makes an old broken couch in a small cluttered room a cozy place? Sitting there is quite predictable actually. There are no surprises in my cozy place.  It puts me at ease, and does not create stress.

It's a place I can go and relax and feel safe, and I am grateful to have a place like that. 

I have napped in my cozy place. I have even slept through the night in my cozy place.

My cozy place allows me opportunities to journal or read or watch television. 

Setting up a tray in front of my cozy place, I can dine on takeout while watching any FRIENDS episode. 

In my cozy place, I can hear what's going on in any other part of the house and know what the noise is, where it's coming from, and who is making it. 

From the warmth and security of my cozy place, I can gaze out the windows and watch the wildlife in my yard or monitor my elderly neighbor as she weeds the flowers around her house. 

By just looking out the window from my cozy place, the weather or perhaps the time of day can be assessed without ever glancing at my phone.

Other functions of my cozy place can include but are not limited to: a spot to rest or recuperate if I've been ill, or a place to do my crafts like my rug hooking, or the chair where I can sit and talk on the phone.

During the Christmas season, I can relax in my cozy place in my pajamas under a blanket and admire the glow of the twinkle lights on the tree while listening to carols.

At the current moment, I have my laptop in my lap typing this blog post while sitting in my cozy place.

I am very grateful for my cozy place and do not take it for granted. I appreciate the fact that I do have a place I can call cozy when the winter winds are whipping or the heat and humidity of a sweltering summer day keep me inside. This cozy place that I am thankful for is a cozy place for all seasons, and for that, I am extremely grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment