Nov 6, 2015

30 Days of Thankfulness - Day 6: Pair of Shoes

I will forever be grateful that I do not have to wear wooden shoes!


Photo by Deb Rohne. Copyright 2015. All Rights Reserved.

The hard, solid clogs worn by the Dutch in days of old have no cushion and no comfort. Can you imagine the blisters and splinters bestowed upon the wearer as a result of this lacquered footwear faux pas?? It makes my toes curl just thinking about it! They must have served some specific purpose in their time, but I am so thankful for the myriad of choices in my closet that are practical, stylish, comfortable and NOT made of wood.

I am the first to admit that I probably own too many pairs of shoes, but that's just a woman thing, right?

Several pairs of shoes have been donated within the last couple years, but I still have at least 15 pairs in my closet. Again, I reiterate that none of those 15 pairs are wooden shoes which makes me extremely happy! 

That being said, I do own the above pair of wooden shoes, but those are purely for decoration and unfortunately, I can't seem to get rid of them. Oh, I have tried, but they found their way back. Wooden Shoe like to know why I can't get rid of them?? Well, we will just have to save that story for another post ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment