Nov 22, 2015

30 Days of Thankfulness - Day 22: Book

Check out some fun I had with editing book pictures in a book photo challenge from July 2014.

Who isn't thankful for books?

So many books--so little time.

I have really come to appreciate the eBook; however, there is still something so comforting about an actual book.

The smell of the ink and the paper can be intoxicating, and the swish of the page when turning it is like a personal invite to read the next word. The crackle of the binding on a hardbound book the first time it's opened is music to an avid reader.

There is a definite satisfaction when reading the last word of a story and closing the cover without ceremoniously placing of the bookmark inside.

I have some books on my shelf personally autographed by the author. You can't have that in an ebook.

Whether I'm swiping the screen or turning the page, I am very thankful for the multitude and variety of good books on the shelf and in my digital library.

No comments:

Post a Comment