Nov 8, 2015

30 Days of Thankfulness - Day 8: Restaurant

There is a Mexican restaurant in my town that I frequent at least twice a week. The food is reasonably priced, ready in 15 minutes or less, and always satisfies my craving. I can't buy and prepare that kind of meal for the same price and time, so I am very thankful I have that option when I don't have the time or motivation to cook at home.

Early on in our marriage, we lived in a larger town with plenty of restaurant choices and delivery options. In fact, when we were opening wedding gifts (in front of several family members), and a cookbook was tucked inside one of the kitchen-themed presents, my husband exclaimed that I probably wouldn't know what to do with that if there were not food establishment speed dial numbers printed inside.

Nevertheless, three years later, we moved to a small rural bedroom community that not only didn't have delivery, it didn't even have a fast food place!! A corner greasy spoon for lunch and an only-open-a-couple-nights-a-week "supper club" were the ONLY out to eat options. 

Out of necessity, I HAD to learn to cook. I actually became quite good and have even prepared whole Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners for extended family gatherings.

However, when Tequila's Mexican Bar & Grill opened a few years ago, I was ecstatic to say the least, and grateful that our tiny burg had moved into the 20th century!

All this talk about the restaurant I am thankful for has prompted me to order my favorite enchilada lunch...


Photo by Deb Rohne. Copyright 2015. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment