Nov 12, 2015

30 Days of Thankfulness - Day 12: Gadget

Gadget, gadget, who has the best gadget? 

If I could invent a gadget that could do something spectacular, what would it do? 

After this morning's debacle, I'm thinking a smart coffee maker that knows when it needs to be cleaned or serviced and then actually walks you through the steps to correct the problem right on the unit's unique message center through voice commands or an instructional video so there is no question about what needs to be done. Perhaps there exists such a lovely beast already, however, the fancy-looking machine annoying me today does not have any such feature. I'm left to guess and wonder why it will not produce the black liquid I so desperately crave. I tried all the troubleshooting tips until I was finally furious enough I decided to throw in the filter and run to the nearest coffee shop for a fresh brewed cup without the hassle just to get my caffeine.



Just because a gadget or appliance looks high-tech or fancy, doesn't mean it's going to make your life any easier. Perhaps we need a gadget that will fix all the wonderful gadgets when they don't work properly or make life even more difficult.

I suppose you want to know if today's experience was as a result of operator error. As my daughter so lovingly questioned..."You had it plugged in, right??"

Yes, it was plugged in! Yes, there was water in the reservoir; and yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus...now if I could just get Santa to bring me a magical gadget for all my needs at any given time that would be Claus for thanks! LOL!

Despite today's frustrations, there are so many gadgets I am thankful for and appreciate on a daily basis...my smart phone, directional navigation devices, and my iPad just to name a few.


No comments:

Post a Comment