Nov 5, 2015

30 Days of Thankfulness - Day 5: Place

When thinking about a place I am thankful for, several places came to mind. One place I have visited three different times now kept coming back to me as I contemplated today's prompt. In Orlando, Florida, a little over 1,400 miles from where I reside is "the happiest place on earth." I am, of course, talking about Disney World.



Disney was never a vacation destination for my family when I was younger. So when the first opportunity arose to go while my daughter was just 8 years old, I was more than a little excited--not only for my daughter, but for myself as well. Mickey Mouse and the gang in addition to the Disney Princesses were the hit of the trip and a princess makeover was on the list of things to do as well.

Thinking this would be a once in a lifetime trip, we also managed to incorporate several off-site shows, Kennedy Space Center, Cocoa Beach, and Universal Studios into the mix. However, just two years later, we would get to go again. That time my daughter was big into the Hannah Montana show and her Miley makeover was definitely included in the experience. In 2013, Disney World would be on our radar once more, and this time, the American Idol Experience was one of the many featured attractions we made sure to take in.



Each visit to Disney World was different and each was memorable. There is definitely something magical about being at Disney and enjoying all the incredible moments and amenities that are unique to that special place. Seeing the castle is one of those highlights that take your breath away. And the end-of-the-night fireworks display at any one of the parks is beyond words and unable to be captured on film as accurately as seeing it in person.



I am so grateful for not only getting to go to Disney World once, but having the opportunity to visit on three separate occasions. None of those trips would have been possible without the planning and knowledge of my cousin, Beth. Beth was employed at Disneyland when she lived in California, and she has researched and gone to quite extensive lengths to put together a package of outstanding travel tips and advice for anyone wanting to go. Her Disney Travel guide is available for a small fee and is well worth the price if you follow her expertise on cost-saving planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment